While we face the coronavirus pandemic, let us turn to the face of God in prayer and ask for His healing, His help and His protection. We will pray for all who are affected, for all who are sick and suffering, for all those who work in the medical profession, and for those who have died as well as for their grieving family members.
During this novena we will be asking the intercession of these saints:
- The Fourteen Holy Helpers, those who lived during the time of the plague.
- Anthony the Great, patron of those affected by infectious diseases.
- Edmund, patron for victims of pandemics.
- Damien of Molokai, who put himself at risk to minister to those with leprosy.
- Rocco, who is venerated for his prayers for those suffering from infectious diseases.
- Joseph, patron of the dying.
- Jude and St. Rita, patrons of impossible causes.
- Frances Xavier Cabrini, who founded hospitals dedicated to caring for the sick.
- Mary, Undoer of Knots.